Share on Facebook
Tweet this

News / All news / Man ‘electrocuted’ by iPhone

Dec 03, 2013 | iOS, Kosiakova

Man ‘electrocuted’ by iPhone

The deceased was identified as Pisit Charnglek, 28, Pol Lt Nattakrit Konglord, of Klaeng police station, said. The man was holding an iPhone 4s that was connected to its white charger plugged into a wall outlet.  

Severe burns were found on Pisit’s hand, the one that was grasping the iPhone, and his chest. Investigators  believe that he was killed by an electric shock emitted from the phone charger, said Pol Lt Nattakrit.

It was hot at the time and the victim was not wearing a shirt. He was on his bed. The victim's father, Chaleaw Charnglek, said his son let out a yell shortly after he went to bed around 11pm Sunday. He did not pay much attention to it because his son often talked in his sleep.

The next morning, when his son did not appear, he found him dead on his bed, Mr Chaleaw said.

Police were waiting autopsy results to confirm the cause of Pisit’s death.

In July 2013, a Chinese woman died while answering her iPhone 5, which was also charging the battery.

The sourse: The Bangkok Post